Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

If you have Stax headphones you are in good shape.

I doubt the headphone amp would be hard to sort out!

BTW we've seen a number of people go into downsized living conditions (senior living communities, condos and the like) and IMO you don't have to give up loudspeakers and good quality sound!

But everything does have to be smaller. One problem in apartments and the like is the bass going all over the place, but if you eliminate standing waves in your room you have less troubles with that. The Swarm subs by Audiokinesis are a good solution- they are small and meant to be right against the wall so they are out of the way and easy to place. So if you have a set of those your main speakers only have to be good to 80Hz (80Hz is where bass becomes omnidirectional). This really opens possibilities- LS35as for example, which are pretty easy to drive as they only can take 35watts or so. Or you could run a higher efficiency full range speaker and at that point might only need a few watts to drive them.

Something to think about...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • If you have Stax headphones you are in good shape. - Ralph 08:53:49 11/27/19 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.