Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

I never said it was....

With the Zero's that the amp was still an OTL in the purist sense. I was just asking about the speaker impedance matching with OTL's and how critical it was after reading that article. I just made the comment that the Zero's were not a OPT like you were trying to say they were. So please keep the facts straight on that just like you are about the OTL design.

Some speakers give OTL amps a rough time due to their impedance or reactance and the result is bad sound. Then the OTL's get a bad rap for not sounding good or thin. Some of us do not have the money to burn to keeping buying amps or speakers until we get a perfect match, so the Zero's are maybe the better way to go to match OTL amps with our existing speaker systems IF there is an issue with the matching (yes, like a crutch).

As you know, just because a amp and speakers look good on paper....doesn't mean it will sound good in your system or home together. So the Zero's are the next best (cheapest) thing until you can either make or buy some speakers that match the OTL amp you have properly.

So instead of just arguing about the OTL purist design and the Zero's being an OPT (which they are not), why not bring some good advice or examples of what OTL/ Speakers you have or others that actually work well together so we can all learn.

Thanks

Edits: 05/20/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.