Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

RE: Beveridge?

No, I have not asked RM the question. When I contacted his business in order to acquire a copy of the direct-drive amplifier schematic, I never got to talk to him directly. Once or twice I emailed him but never got an email response, either. However, his company was very prompt in providing me with the schematic, once I had sent payment.

In the pamphlet that Harold Beveridge concocted to go to purchasers of the 2SW, it does say that the low pass filter slope is 18db/octave. And I have always assumed that the high pass filter would have the same complementary slope, but that is not directly stated in the pamphlet. But I also have always wondered why there is that series capacitance in front of the amplifier input, which by itself would add a passive high pass filter with first-order kinetics. On the other hand, it does not seem to me that 6db/octave would be sufficient to sufficiently attenuate the demands upon the panels in the 2SW to produce bass response. So it is most likely a net 18db/octave slope with the gain maintained by an active element in the crossover.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Beveridge? - Lew 12:00:48 02/20/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.