Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

RE: One interesting thing....

Heres the two things that CAN make a man NUTs.... the on paper best ESL ever made...an you can figg the other

First of all, neither Ralph (I am sure) nor Lew want to take the responsibility for what might happen as a consequence of any of these mods. So, neither he nor I want to be on record as advocating anything that goes against the advice given by Sound Lab (i.e., Dr. West) regarding the use of their speakers.

So here we are......or you are...well...I had the SL A1 here...for about 6weeks....3 years a go...i did some mods too the A1s that had worket on the Acoustats....these A1 had older tranfourmers..one thing i saw was the panels are so big... that i new thay would not work for me... the Acoustats M3 with 3 panels in each speaker.. thay did not work much better but had a much better SPL.....So the A1 went to a new owner.

So what i well say about the SoundLab mod is this....i would only use the New Fullrang tranfourmers like Lew an others have done!
I would not on my new panels use the stock high frc. tranfourmers with this mod...but that just me ...
Just one ESLs OTLs lovers 5cent..... goodluck

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: One interesting thing.... - tyu 13:25:45 06/12/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.