Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

RE: Atmasphere MA-2 impedance question

Lew you say

Crazy as he sounded, when Will first contacted me about his findings, I could not have been more ready to try a new approach, because I was thoroughly tired of having to use the Zero Autoformers and putting up with the pronounced midrange suck-out that I still could hear even with the Zeros in the circuit. Plus I knew intuitively that having the Zeros, the resistors, and the capacitors all in the audio path along with the bass and treble step-up transformers was not exactly the best way to maximize transparency.

Thanks for telling how YOU relly feel.......this was how i felt when i had the SL A1 on the frist day...

As was said
Lew has already used a 0.01uF teflon cap here instead of a 0.015uF cap without any problems. I will be using 0.0075uF teflon.

So if i am geting were you are now.....you are just using the two tranfourmers per speaker.....not the caps?

Also... on the Acoustat base tranfourm primary you can see there is a 1ohm 20w stock res. on the neg leg....in the Acoustats the base tranfourmer get hot if the one ohm removed....i have put a 2ohm 50watt..in an it sounds great.....This well work with the SL also.

The one thing i am finding with the new seup in my Acoustats.....if the base is driven into over loded... the highs an mids are never sucket out...i have never heard this befor... with any ESLs......i well saY with this setup the SPL is at 90-91...thats a Hell of big deal...

An i go out on the lim...say that it sounds to me like NO caps No coils...maybe just a fuse...should Ever be on the primary side of Any ESL tranfourmers....I well be moveing on to my martinlogans next.

In the setup now with My Acoustats on the secdary side i still have the 50k 100watts on the base...an have put in the .0015 6k oil caps in... were the Stock .01 ...thay are two high ...on the secdary side of the high frc.tranfourmer

Now how about the sound of Beveridge 2SWs...?

Thanks for your time

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.