Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

Better take a read of

some of them more recent advances in molecular neurology. Take Crick's The Amazing Hypothesis, for example. Although he concentrates on the visual aspect of the brain, much of what he writes about involves hearing. in fact he points out that the startle reflex goes to the visual location portion of the cortex, usually making the subject turn towards the sound source to identify and place the noise.

The synaptic connections go from electrical in the nerve cell, to chemical between nerve cells within the synaptic cleft, and that chemical process is primarily triggered by glutamates although those fascinating neuro transmitters like dopamine are also very important. So now I understand you frame is attributing the advances in sonics due to the chemicals in plastics affecting those neural transmitters?

And you likewise deny the possible affects of all those RF producing electronics? It is nice to see you finally admit that the world of electronics has created an RF nightmare, but you likewise seem to mired in your world of the 50's. Modern transistors, in particular are specifically designed to have very high frequency response, primarily because many are specifically engineered for RF work, particularly in computerized applications. They are unusually prone to picking up RF, especially when compared to the tubed type amplification devices or even early transistors ( the 2N3055 comes to mind here).

Chemical nature of smell is interesting because it is the only sense that bypasses the LGN portion of the brain. However, we don't really smell our stereo, and, as a matter of fact, you will notice a great deal of our auditory vocabulary employs visual terms.

Stu

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.