Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

That would be illogical, Captain

The accusation of Appeal to Authority is not very relevant when the person making the claim actually is knowledgeable or perhaps considered an expert in the area under discussion. Of course, even experts in a given field can disagree, that's why arguments can sometimes go on forever. A more accurate example of Appeal to Authority would be if Arthur C. Clarke, an expert on satellite communications, offered his explanation for why birds migrate. See the difference?

While you were apparently sleeping I published the explanation for how the clock works last year on my web site. What, you haven't read it?! A Nobel Prize sounds yummy. And, yes, the explanation accounts for records produced 100 years ago.

"Trying to forward the science from a guy who can only claim to be a rocket scientist and a theoretical physicist and has nothing else to contribute is a waste of my time, and mind you, that's coming from a dummy blue collar worker."

Yes, a frustrated dummy blue collar worker. LOL

Edits: 05/23/11 05/23/11

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • That would be illogical, Captain - geoffkait 02:18:06 05/23/11 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.