Isolation Ward

RE: Ahh woundn't the negative ions, allow more freely available electrons to be 'around' ??

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Isolation Ward ]

Electrons are negative, and perhaps the most commonly encountered subatomic particle we meet in daily life.

By the quantum theory, electrons behave both as a wave and as a particle. In its wave state electrons can traverse large distances almost instantaneously (speed of light essentially, and unmeasurable). The unique thing, as revealed by the famous, or infamous double slit experiment is that electrons ( and a few other subatomic particles) can appear simultaneous in more than one location, the wave nature making the electron appearance defined by probabilities rather than an exact location.

Thus, it is my belief, that the so called ionic generators: things like the pyroelectric tourmaline found in those hair dryers and other devices are exciting the "free" electrons and this energy is then being transmitted to the ground sources in the componentry. As a wave form, direct electron exchange may not be occurring or even necessary, The wave form would transmit a portion of the energy released by the "free" electrons into the ground circuitry and release more electrons contained within.

Remember that molecules of copper, or silver or aluminum are made conductive by the fact that their s orbitals (remember them from high school chemistry for studying valences and such?) have only one electron where they could hold 2 electrons, thus contributing a "free" electron. This electron is easily dislodged, making them available. It does take energy to dislodge them, however.

Stu

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Isolation Ward ]
[ Comment ] [ Edit ] [ Delete ] [ Copyright Warning! Click for Details ]