Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Re: Initial impressions of the Horning Alkibiades

I have owned a pair of the Horning Alkibiades Signatures for about 4 months now. They are still improving. I've paired them with electronics from Tom Evans and sources from 47 Labs and DPS/Schroeder/Dynavector. I do not consider myself an audiophile because, for one, I don't have the time and, more importantly, the audiophile language used to describe sound doesn't really match with the way I hear music. What Tuckers says,though, is especially true for me. The speaker fills my room the way that real live music fills a room. I don't know why that is. I don't really care. That was the reason I bought them in the first place. When I first heard them at the dealer/importer's place, it made me feel like everything else was a facsimile. I'm not looking for perfect sound. And I can't really say for certain what perfect sound is. But I can tell you that I listen to a lot of music way past my bed time. And I haven't done that since I was a teenager.

David

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Initial impressions of the Horning Alkibiades - Mr.DavidTerry 08:45:27 11/17/04 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.