Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Sounds like a plan. Some of the Audio Note Japan/Kondo speakers are not miles away from that....

But....

They use NO X-Over on the Full-range units and only a HP on the tweeter. I suspect with the diatones 10k or 12k will be too low.

Also, R1 is rather dear.... Oh, yes, use the 16 Ohm Diatones while you are at it.

The Kondo Speakers use fairly narrow and deep Cabinet, but fit additional rounded "Wings" to the sides of the Cabinet, making it basically a very wide cabinet in the top, working around the Baffle loss issues at Lower Frequencies.

Kondo uses cone Tweeters BTW. The info on the net is extremely sketchy, there also no photo's, I have some morein rather poor copies at home. The Drivers are not Diatones BTW, but apparently Kondo San's own designs. He used to work with Diatones quite a few years back, so I suspect his Drivers are Dia's "on Steroids".

Later T

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Sounds like a plan. Some of the Audio Note Japan/Kondo speakers are not miles away from that.... - Thorsten 12:30:35 05/01/00 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.