Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Harmonic stuctural alignment, SAP Quartettes and Beauhorn Virtuosos

I'm with you all the way on the subject of harmonic alignment, that coincidence of the full spectrum of an instrument's sound - and I hear what you say regarding the unattainability of the fundamentals of a 10' grand. I guess I'm saying that this unity of sound to which I refer is infinitely more musically informative than the pursuit of holographic soundstages (where you feel its possible to walk a round the performers but still not comprehend or empathise with the melodies or harmonies).

I may have the opportunity to hear the Strumenti Acustici di Precisione Quartettes hybrid horn speaker in Italy later this month (2 5" full-range drivers, tactrix horn-loaded cone tweeter, horn-loaded piezo-electric supertweeter, separate 12" paper and foam bass drivers; www.sap-highend.com). But I wonder whether its all worth while, and whether I should investigate something like the Beauhorn Virtuosos with Lowther DX4 drivers? I can't tell you how disappointed I am with the music (the sound is wonderful, if you like that super widescreen panoramavisio kind of thing - and I've realised the hard way that I actually don't care for it much) that I squeeze out of the Audio Physic Virgo 2s.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.