Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Stoopid question. I know, but...

Hello, Again What's!

A friend of mine made a pair of absolutely, wonderful sounding speakers, that had to also be the ugliest-looking speakers ever made. His wife obviously wasn't very happy with what she saw so the solution he came up with was to make a rectangular frame from some light wood that was larger than the speakers he built. Then he wrapped the wooden frame on all four sides in a very nice looking, very light (weight-wise), speaker grill cloth. This way he could easily cover the speakers by placing the rectangular frame over the speakers! To finish it off he cut two nice pieces of wood that were two inches larger, on all four sides than the top of the rectangular frame was. He then stained the wood, put four small square pieces of wood on the bottom side (this was done to prevent the wood top pieces from moving when placed on top of the frames) then he placed one piece of wood on top of each speaker, and BINGO!!!!! He now had a pair of both wonderful sounding and very nice looking speakers.

Now here's the best part my friend, "if" having the speakers in the optimum position in the room is very important to you ---and what music-lover wouldn't think that's important---but your wife is complaining they're too ugly, tell her you'd like her to pick out the grill cloth, and if God-forbid, she wants some material from a craft shop that's not acoustically transparent. Use whatever material she wants and remove the rectangular frame that's covering the speaker when you want to listen to music. When you're finally done listening to tunes, simply cover the speakers back up again. Finally, ---and this is extremely important--- after a few days pass by be sure to tell your wife although you weren't too happy with her choice for the speaker's grill cloth at first, after living with it for a few days you think she made a great choice because the speakers really do look good in the room. If that doesn't win you some brownie points and a wife who's putting on her sexy nightgown that night, something's definitely wrong... with the audio system, I mean! ;^)

Thetubeguy1954 (Tom)

Central Florida Audio Society -- SETriodes Group -- Space Coast Audio Society
Full-range/Wide-range Drivers --- Front & Back-Loaded Horns --- High Sensitivity Speakers

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Stoopid question. I know, but... - thetubeguy1954 20:36:58 10/06/21 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.