High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

RE: From Sublime to Ridiculous

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ High Efficiency Speaker Asylum ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

Thanks for that piece of info, which corroborates the copy of his patent that I purchased many moons ago (in the 70's).

As a 23 year forum veteran in 3 different fields, there are always people with strong opinions based on exaggerations, misinformation, innuendo, etc. Much like ALL of the news networks, so much of what is presented is "bad news." Probably because good news doesn't sell.

So it's pretty easy for anyone to fall into the trap of criticizing others, whether it's opinion or fact. It's always difficult to tell the people who think they know from those that do know. It's a lifelong struggle for those who seek the truth from the internet.

So, I admit that my OP was a bit negative, so I deserved certain responses in like kind, I suppose. But my original point has validity.

Now if the original ad I cited had been for a used set of Red Sadurni Horns (best of Axpona about 3 years ago) at $40,000, I never would have made the comment to begin with. Those speakers brought tears to my eyes, literally, a wow moment, having nothing to do with the price tag. A Bugatti Veyron would probably have the same effect on me.

So I do appreciate what it takes to make expensive things for low volume production. So it's more about VALUE rather then price, eh?

Follow Ups: