High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

RE: Horns are my personal preference...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ High Efficiency Speaker Asylum ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

Ah, I see. Thank you for the upgraded clarification.

Horns are my personal preference also, and not a Religion.
There are other things that can sound good when done right. All their different anomalies and positive nuances. All are a compromise of some sort. But it's a fun hobby experiencing them all through temporary or permanent ownership whether they are commercially produced or home built.

I've been building my own speakers and systems since I was 12 years old and I have a technical background. Audio is just a hobby because I really like listening to music in a darkened room with eyes closed, which is a much more enjoyable for of "double blind listening" as opposed to ABX box testing, although I have done that too, since I was an AES member and attended the meeting where the guys who designed the ABX box were demonstrating it.

I'm still amazed at how many great software tools we have available today for for free or very little money to explore endless possibilities without having to make sawdust like I used to do.

But not matter how great of a simulation we perform, it's the EARS, the ROOM, and the program material that give us the joy of perceived success. What a Grand Illusion Audio is!!

Follow Ups: