High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

RE: Actually

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ High Efficiency Speaker Asylum ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

I several 2 channel setups currently dormant, in pieces. Klipsch K-402 horns with TAD 4002 drivers on top of a pair of Peavey FH-1 cabinets containing EVM 15B drivers, with Danley DTS-20 subwoofer (all fed by Yamaha SP2060 96/24 active Xover with JBL/Urei, Yamaha, Adcom, Hafler, Dynaco, PASS Aleph J Class A, Crown K2, various chip power amps. and waiting for Hypex monoblock kits with NC400 modules, supposedly the best of Class D stuff out there.

Analog setup with old APT/Holman preamp, Adcom 555 Power amp Luxman 121 TT with Ortofon MM cartridge, all driving totally a pair of refurbished ESS/Heil AMT 1D. Also have 2 Klipsch Cornwalls refurbished with newer drivers and Xovers, and 4 Commercial Heresy's with titatnium diaphrgms. A few dozen RAW drivers WMT, etc for future speaker builds and 2 pairs of original ESS AMT with spare diaphragms. Also have a spare pair of Danley TH-50 subwoofers. I just sold Twin 18" subs, 14 Klipsch speaker, including 3 of my customized/ported "Super Heresys"

My current MAIN (best ever) setup is: 2.2/6.2=Front R&L Danley SH-50, CenterFront, SurroundR, SurroundL and CenterRear Sound Physics Labs Unity Summation Apeture horns/TD-1. Yamaha CXA-5000 PrePro main unit with the amazing ESStech 32 bit SABRE DAC chips. One OThorn and One Danley TH-50 Subs Center Front/Center rear, driven by a Crown K2 with mono input. Each of the 6 Danely designed horns has 7 drivers for a total of 42 drivers. One compression driver Tweeter, 4 sealed 5" midranges, and 2 12" woofers per horn box. The main Rnad L dispesion is 50x50 degrees, which keeps the sound focused on the sweet spot and OFF the walls. The TD-1's have a 60Hx40V pattern laying down.
Oppo 103 for CD 2.1, HDMI out for 6.1 DVD/Blue Ray. Yamaha YPAO "Natural" room EQ for all listening.

At the touch of a button on the remote, I can jump between many modes but my preferred mode is 2.2 for all music, where it's only the Danley SH-50's and the 2 subs front and back that are on. Theater Standard for 6.2.

I think that just about covers it, for this year anyhow. LOL.

I have had 5.1, 6.1 and 7.1 setups for HT, and having that 7th channel in the rear makes ZERO difference on any Blue Ray tested, so it's a waste of money, space, and an amp channel. But, for some rooms layouts, it's needed in case there's a doorway in the center rear. Now that I have 11 channels, I only use 6 but when things shake out I may upgrade to do Dolby ATMOS, but I'll wait my next domicile to do so.

Edits: 05/28/17   05/28/17

Follow Ups: