High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

RE: From Sublime to Ridiculous

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ High Efficiency Speaker Asylum ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

> "My experience and to all those Klipsch engineers who worked for him over the years and currently, says otherwise. He was not a recluse. He was extremely accesible to anyone who would bother. I was just a kid with Khorns back then and he offered to pick up my wife and I in his private plane, gave me a personal tour of lab, factory, took me to his house and played his recordings for me, took me out to lunch and dinner. Treated me like a long lost grandson. As to his principles, he correctly said that any improvement in loudspeakers would be in detail rather than principle"

My experience with PK was very similar, except when he walked up to me in the club I was playing to introduce himself and ask about my DIY JBL 4560 clone PA it was in Arkansas, so the next day I drove to Hope, no need for the plane ride.

As to all the rest, of course I agree. Only fools with more $$$ than they should have would buy those. Engineers? Please. Shown above is what what Floyd Toole has in his living room.

Edits: 05/26/17

Follow Ups: