High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

RE: What attributes make a driver a good match for a SET?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ High Efficiency Speaker Asylum ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

I don't plan on using it as a full range, but as a broadband midrange with a very light cone and a low hysteresis coil from 200-1200 Hz.(give or take after measurements).

The AMT tweeter is currently the one that is most copied, since the patents ran out...........for good reason. 21 square inches of diaphragm, controlled directivity front and back with low distortion AND transient response that rivals horns make it a great candidate for this.

On the bass side, the only bass I have heard that rivals horn bass is open baffle, since it is effectively, decoupled from the room.

If I were to enclose woofers again, I would go back to my Quarter Pie Horn design, which I shared the the Klipsch Forum to over 50,000 views. It's been built all over the world with great success. Been there, done that, want to try other stuff for fun.

Klipsch Theater Horns with TAD drivers, Horn bass and, most recently all Danley tapped horn and synergy horn products are my reference standards, not the overpriced stuff at "high end" shows.

Follow Ups: