High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

RE: Danley installation at the new Mercedes Benz stadium in Atlanta

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ High Efficiency Speaker Asylum ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

"go down to the local minivan dealer and learn something"

Whoa, dude! Talk about an insult!

I haven't talked with John in probably 20 years, although I'd like to. It'd be nice to catch up - maybe we will someday. He doesn't have the time, since he's busy running a worldwide company with multiple projects going on at any given time, and our time together as teacher and student was a long time ago. We talked briefly in about '79 or '81, shortly after he started Meyer Sound and I made a feeble attempt to promote his products. We met again in about '87 or '90 or so, at InfoComm in Dallas.

Anyway, your comment was pretty harsh.

I don't have a beef with Tom Danley. He seems to be a very smart guy. We just don't always agree - for example, on the usefulness of line arrays. I quite like his approach with regard to the so-called "point source" integrated horn design, but they're not appropriate for all situations, either. Probably the biggest thing which bothers me is when he continually comes on here touting his "generational loss" "test" and his products. Outside of Audio Asylum, I've never heard of the Jericho, the SH-50, the "tapped horn", etc. It's all only because of his promotion of his stuff here. That just rubs me the wrong way.

:)

Edits: 04/05/17   04/05/17

Follow Ups: