Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: jbl d130 in a5 cabinet

Interesting you ask this question at this time. If you are referring to the Altec 825/828 cabinets than yes. I used D130s in mine for about a year. Currently have 604Es just using them as wooofers which I believe is similar to the 515b. My set up includes Community RH90 horns driven by 802s and several self powered subs to support the bottom end The reason I fine the timing interesting is after about about 9 months of running the 604es I'm going to re-install the D130s this week and decide which I prefer. What I miss with the D130s is how well they reproduce percussion, they just seem to get it right, must be the light rigid cone. They clearly do not play down as low as the 604es which are considered mid range drivers also. I have tuned my enclosures with a vent that is 10" x 6" for a tuning if I remember to be around 40hz-45hz. Most of the music I listen to does go particularly low and with the subs seems to sound pretty well rounded You should definitely try them in you A5s. Based on my limited experience they have attributes in that enclosure that are hard to beat. Interested in you experience if you give them a try.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: jbl d130 in a5 cabinet - wweigle@sbcglobal.net 18:36:59 06/25/17 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.