Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

plug for Hedback Designed Acoustics

To answer your question: Of course, but the overload is not because the room is behaving differently as the level goes up; it is because our ears are perceiving differently as the level goes up.

Having heard the difference that a professional's touch brings to room acoustics, I no longer indulge in the room acoustics equivalent of armchair quarterbacking. My suggestion is to engage a professional, it will be the best few hundred dollars you ever spent. Below is a link to an acoustician who has designed many award-winning studios as well as the two best-sounding rooms I've ever been in, and he is still affordable.

By way of analogy, you don't just "use some capacitance" to do a crossover design. Instead, you figure out exactly how much resistance, capacitance, and inductance you need, and more importantly, where they go in the circuit. Likewise, a professional acoustician can analyze your room (remotely in Jeff Hedback's case) and tell you how much diffusion, absorption, and reflection you need, in what locations, and HOW to do it, to get the best results within your budget and other real-world constraints. Usually no exotic materials are called for - just intelligent use of materials that are fairly inexpensive, and room d
Me being a dealer makes you leery?? It gets worse... I'm a manufacturer too.

Edits: 06/15/17 06/15/17 06/15/17 06/15/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.