Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: From Sublime to Ridiculous

Paul,

One more thing you might find interesting. PWK told me that he got much lower distortion figures with the Bose 901 by putting in a corner backwards, which makes sense (not published). He also debunked, in his writings, that the whole 10/90% direct/reverberant field ratio purported to exist exclusively by the Bose design couldn't be avoided with ANY loudspeaker in a room once you achieved a certain distance from it.

As to "jewelry" analogy (really like that one), as a "wealth repository," it's mostly 99% bragging rights over price paid since the maximum resale value is typically about 60% of what was paid as new, when the "next shiny thing," in Audio comes up at the next show.

But to those who can afford those bragging rights, why not? When it obviously floats their boat at the next cocktail party in their oversized living rooms. Faberge Eggs are a better investment than
direct radiator speakers, since, at the very least, track monetary inflation rather than suffer a 40% loss when they change ownership.

Edits: 05/27/17 05/27/17 05/30/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.