Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Seeking recommendations for Altec 604e mounting

I have a pair of Altec 604e I am going to be mounting inside cabinets. The cabinets originally had a 15" model of Altecs installed. I don't know the model. They are not vented, but can be if needed.

The inside dimensions are 16-3/5" deep x 17'-3/4 wide x 24" tall for a total of 713 in3. I see in several threads, recommended cabinet volumes of 4.5 (648 in3) and 9 cubic feet.

I've mounted the drivers on the baffles and I'm ready to install. What type and amount of material, if any should I place inside the cabinet. I have some 3/16 yoga mat material I might want to apply to fill a slight gap between the sides of the baffle and the cabinet walls and other areas, besides the typical fill that might be recommended. Would there be any benefit to applying the mat material between the baffle front and where it meets the cabinet?

I'm just not getting to a decision point from what I read on the net, so I thought I'd pop some questions here.

Edit: That thing in the upper right of the photos is a latch system for the cabinet door. That is going to be removed, along with the door.

Your interest may vary but the results will be same. (Byrd 2020)

I can't compete with the dead. (Buck W. 2010)

Cowards can't be heroes. (Byrd 2017)

Why don't catfish have kittens? (Moe Howard 1937)

Edits: 05/14/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - Seeking recommendations for Altec 604e mounting - Byrd69 10:15:10 05/14/17 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.