Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Felt to absorb tweeter reflections?

Hi
Since you're serious and "cutting wire" I would make a suggestion.

First, frequency response is the most audible thing about a loudspeakers sound and most of the problems like say horn honk and such are often related to the electrical / crossover side or can be addressed there. The problem is while there are formula's that tell how to make a filter of such parameters, that is for a resistive load and loudspeakers can appear to be sort of like a resistor to nothing at all like one.

Those changes can be a huge factor for example, horn honk particularly older designs before a computer could clear the forest.

Also, VASTLY more important than having a particular pedigree component is having the right value for that task, I can't stress that enough.

It has never been easier to approach this scientifically too.

You're on the edge of a fascinating area, if you're interested before you spend more money on parts, investigate LSPcad (there are other programs but I like that one) because once you can take a response and impedance measurement and enter those into the computer model, you have opened up a new world so far as making things like passive filters that work right into real loads.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Felt to absorb tweeter reflections? - tomservo 08:49:55 04/29/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.