Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: General speaker design characteristics for a 2A3 amp

Hi Lawrence

We undoubtedly have met at some of the CHC meets. The guy with the Edgarhorn Titans was Ray M. who bought the speakers Bruce took to Midwest Audiofest in Ohio back in '02. He built a new house with a dedicated listening room in the basement, and after a couple of meets he disappeared from the scene suddenly. A nice guy, and I often wondered what happened to him.

I'm stick'n to my story that I never had a problem with the upper end on the Lowthers after the inductor mod was added, they were always very listenable and could play anything. If you want to hear some "audiophile screechies" try the YG's at Axpona. I thought they were unlistenable last year. John Atkinson's measurements in Stereophile shows them engineered towards the flat philosophy, which means that the ancillary equipment and source material were selected to bring this out. Their motto is: "The best speakers. Period.". If you're going to the Ax this month you might try bringing the Cyndee Peters recording (which I don't remember hearing) and see if it clears the YG room out. That's quite a personal thing I think, last year one of the CHC guys said that he thought that most of the rooms at the Ax sounded screechy, but I thought that it was maybe 20% that did.

Paul

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.