Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Horns and high efficiency . what effect ?

"could not find info on a complete speaker package"

?

They sell the driver, they sell a crossover, and they suggest a suitable box:

Recommended Enclosure: 9 cu. ft. (254.9 L), with tuning at
45.5 Hz. Recommend two 5.25-inch
(133 mm) diameter by 2.3-inch (58 mm)
long ducts or 2.5"(6.4 cm) x 11" (27.9
cm) horizontal slot for above tuning.

If you go for these, you have to decide exact dimensions and finish for yourself - even if that decision is as simple as copying someone else's build (printing some plans & photos, then giving them to a cabinet maker).

You could of course, change any of this up: buy a similar driver from another manufacturer, or use a crossover of your own devising. The GPA drivers are just one example of a type.

Maybe see if there is an audio club near you, or some other way you can contact people and hear these or something like these.

"I did find some images of complete speakers , on Bing , which may be acceptable"

Usually they are just big rectangles. You can vary the dimensions and get them finished in whatever way appeals & suits your house.

"But no info on the builders"

Since they are just big rectangles, you should be able to commission their construction pretty easily.

Personally, I use 604 clones (from Asian manufacturer P Audio) in sealed cabinets, supplemented with subs. I tinker with other speakers, and always come back to this system. I think coaxials like these are a decent set of compromises:

-simple build (not too big, no complex shapes)
-suitable for close listening position
-they sound big and effortless.

...basically the same merits as the Sansui speakers that got you interested in high efficiency.

Their main demerit, in my experience, is that on some complex / raucous music they don't have as much clarity as good headphones.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.