Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Tasteful finish for baby Classic horn ?

Thanks Fred: I have four Klipsch KLF20 woofers these are said to me cermic motor versions of the CF3/4 drivers which have neo motors. I have had bots cf series tens and KLF series tens and preferred the KLF with the ceramic motors. So far as I know I have not seen T/S data on these and I have no way to measure it now.I suspect Fs to be in the low 30 or high 20Hz. range on these. I also want to keep the cabinet size down as my life is down sizing in most ways now.I have heard dual 8 speakers which could make all the case I want and more so a good single ten in a Karson style cabinet should be able to rock hard enough for me and that would only take half the volume of a pair of tens. The very best bass that I have had using Klipsch components was with a KLF20 driver in a Quartet cabinet (a little bit smaller than a Forte cabinet in volume) which was 1/3 stuffed with high density fiberglass(top 1/3 of the cabinet)and 2.5 ounces of extra dead weight on the passive to re tune it lower. Superb quality deep bass with lots or impact and punch as well.
So how is it that a K12 drops so much lower than a K15 which has a larger volume? Is this simply a factor of driver Fs? I wold really like to be able to get a woofer into the low 39 Hz rand or a little lower if possible as it has such a huge impact upon the perceived scale of the loudspeaker, the bass weight balances the loudspeaker and provides authority to the reproduction. I want to go two way with a double cutaway K-Tube on an EV DH1A compression driver. so you can understand my desire to achieve flatish response up to 700Hs or so.
Fred as an aside I really love the visual esthetic of your Beta 10 cabinet. Thanks for the discussion. moray james.
moray james

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.