Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

You, and a milllion other guys

No doubt !! But I believe, its an amp and system wiring problem you are all responding to.

When the wiring and audio amp is correct, " dead nuts on ", the PIOs sound " smooth " but ill-defined, mushy, never real. As the system gets better, one will less and less use PIOs. Mark my words !!

Most of audio is sixty years behind the times, on capacitors. There are modern capacitors that way outperform the old stuff, easily. But, I can see from this thread, " I " may be the first to use a 4 Pin WIMA DC LINK , bypassed with other modern caps, in a high efficiency speaker's crossover.

On a good system, A-B a 10 uF or 4 uF DynamiCap 'E" with doctored leads, against ANY PIO cap of the same value in this world. Tell me what sounds best !! Just THAT brand, and just those two values please. Can you find anything, at any price, that does what those two DynamiCaps mentioned do? I don't think so !!

I also employ a 5 uF film cap in power supplies, speaker crossovers, a modern design, that has no peer, versus anything else in existence.

The world of capacitors is NOT standing still. Much of the capacitor design advancements I experience comes from non audio applications, industrial, that we apply to audio. The performance difference, audible, is staggering.

Mark my words, this is the wave of the future !! Caps are the weak link, always were, and those GE97F system " smoothers " are totally outclassed, and they are sixty years behind the times.

Want / need another system " smoother ", add a high frequency horn with a 90 degree bend to it !! Not for me, my tastes, thank you.

Jeff Medwin

Edits: 03/18/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • You, and a milllion other guys - drlowmu 17:42:09 03/18/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.