Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Suggestions for visually intriguing Hi-Fi mono speaker?

I am beginning to earn money from a new stream of income. I am a musician and I am committing the ultimate sin. I'm starting to DJ! There I said it.
I do have a bit of twist compared to your average dj. I will be spinning real vinyl and I will be using mono records. I did a "pilot" gig at a senior center in front of about 50 people. I set up my DIY Rek-O-Kut table, Scott 299d into my makeshift mono speaker. I stacked my guitar speaker cab on the bottom (2 JBL 123). On top two Steven true sonics FR80's and a cheep tweeter.
The old folks and employees love the "show". I spun an hours worth of 50's big band, swing tunes and hits of the day.
My week spot in my chain is my speaker. I want the highest fidelity I can get but I also want A visually interesting speaker to draw attention to my set up and show. I have thought about the Vott with a horn on top and some others. The other aspect is I must be able to move it on my own and fit through a club door on a dolly.
Please let me know what you think!
I will send a free copy of my latest CD to person who's suggestion I use.
Thanks,
Damon

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Topic - Suggestions for visually intriguing Hi-Fi mono speaker? - dwade277 15:01:19 07/02/12 (29)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.