Hi-Rez Highway

Aha!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Hi-Rez Highway ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

1. I do not think that anything is wrong at your end or with Qobuz/Roon. I had not previously listened to any of the 4 items you list except for the Wayenberg/Liszt and I began by confirming that was OK.

2. I checked the other three and, at first, I thought that your description was correct but I do not think so now. If I held my ear to my center speaker with each one of them, I can heard than the channel is not mute/empty but, rather, very low in level and conveying only ambience rather than instrument sound. I have come across this before in some SACDs where the all the instrumental sound is on the two "stereo" channels and there is only ambiance on the center and surrounds.

3. I checked this out with some of the other 5.1 albums on Qobuz/Roon and they either played with full frontal (L/C/R) sound or they had only "ghostly" ambiance from the center.

4. FWIW, if there was a channel missing, the order would be shifted up, not down.

Let me know if you can hear this. Are you really getting a center signal in the sub or are you just getting the LFE signal?

Follow Ups: