Hi-Rez Highway

RE: That Sony got Rave reviews. Are you sure about those Equivalencies?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Hi-Rez Highway ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

I was referring to its equivalence in terms of the digital resolution it can handle. Both the Sony NW-WM1Z Signature and the FiiO M11 Pro can handle PCM up through 384-kHz/32-bits and DSD up through DSD256.

I've owned both the FiiO M11 and the FiiO M11 Pro, but I've never owned the Sony so I can't compare their sound quality. However, I do own a Mytek Brooklyn Bridge and I think my FiiO M11 Pro sounds just as good if not better than my Brooklyn Bridge.

I don't have any experience with Korg, either. However, the things I find very attractive about the FiiO M11 Pro is its sound quality compared to my Brooklyn Bridge and its price. The M11 Pro sounds slightly better than the M11, but they both sound very good. the M11 sells for $450 and the M11 Pro sells for $650.

The new FiiO M15 Flagship incorporates the same DAC chips used in the $3500 Astell & Krell SP2000 and costs only $1460 in comparison. Both of these players can handle PCM up through 768-kHz/32-bits and native DSD up through DSD512.

Best regards,
John Elison

Follow Ups: