Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: SACD Game Changer?

I tried ripping my SACD collection -- but ... much like the way that the download market has gone belly-up --- and the whole market for downloads has basically died because they are too cumbersome to file and sort properly especially for classical music ... and been replaced in the convenience market by streaming ... anyway, point is I don't want my downloads anymore or my rips of SACDs.

For serious listening, I just like one structured concept at a time, and for me, and especially for classical, there is no better way to do that than in physical format ... whether SACD or vinyl. For serious listening, it replicates the process and concept of a concert - not chopping and changing every 5 secs. People usually don't even know what they are listening to with rips. The game changer for me is that rips and downloads have been just a fragment of the past --- transitory - going and already gone. And I have fallen in love with my SACDs again and lucky that so many new releases are coming out in the classical market.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: SACD Game Changer? - Felixer 09:40:05 06/14/21 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.