Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Alternatives to sacd_extract.exe and iso2dsd?

Hi all,
I've had good luck ripping my SACD's using sacd_extract with the iso2dsd gui. I have one SACD that's giving me trouble though, Wolfgang Bauer's Hertel: Trumpet Concertos disc. Up to this point I'd been ripping everything to dsf's with the convert DST to DSD option checked. With this disc, the gui gets to the point of ripping the first track and then doesn't continue. I was able to extract an iso using the command line version of sacd_extract.exe. Running the gui on this iso give the same result, it just stops and does not extract any dsf's from the iso. I tried the command line again with the options to extract dsf's. the sacd_extract application crashes when it gets to the point of trying to extract the individual tracks. This is probably what prevented the gui from getting to the point of extracting tracks since it's just a front end for sacd_extract.

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out what other options are available at this point. I've seen mentions of converting dsd to pcm with jriver or using Korg's audiogate software.

Assuming the iso I ripped is good, are these possibilities or are there any other ways to extract dsf's?
Dan

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - Alternatives to sacd_extract.exe and iso2dsd? - dan_e10 14:38:48 04/09/20 (6)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.