Hi-Rez Highway

RE: Marantz SA10 Reviews

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Hi-Rez Highway ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

Hi H.F. At long last you have admitted that I was right about the unsatisfactory SQ of the obese SA7-S1 and that a very expensive dCs Clock is required for a satisfactory performance. Herewith are the comments by Mark Lawton from the first review from Positive Feedback Online, the glowing one by Dr Sarconicus is total nonsense.

Mark Lawton

I am not afraid to ask for a little "more" zest & spice from the SA7-S1 and that's why I am sending it off to the Mod Man to be upgraded. This is what I asked him to address in order of importance

1. Improve dynamics, heft, slam, power,punch, oomph etc.

2. Increase transparency,palpability and address blackness of background. It has a very low-level amount of "fog" between you and the performers, images are a tad"soft" around the edges could use some firming up.

3.Tone is a hair on the warm side of neutral, a small correction wouldn't hurt. Tone is also a tad on the dry side, and if that's fixable, that would be great.

Well that's why I sold my SA7-S1 after a 700 hour burn in. and of course the poor bass.

Edits: 04/25/17

Follow Ups: