Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Interesting!

>> I pulled out a Gordon-Rankin-designed AQ Jitterbug and added it between my laptop and the external drive. After that, I didn't have a single frustrating rip. <<

That is a *great* story. And I would agree that its really not worth the trouble to "scientifically" test it by re-ripping the same disc with and without the JitterBug - life's too short. The likelihood of it being a coincidence must be extremely small. Gordon has stated that he has seen USB packet errors due to noise on the connection that are corrected by the JitterBug. Your experience would seem to corroborate this.

I've never used an external drive, but I also use dBpoweramp and have had similar problems with "difficult" rips that have tried my patience. I don't want to open up my laptop and try to install a JitterBug inside, but certainly can imagine that whatever was causing the problems in your setup could also affect other external devices, such as DACs. Thanks for sharing.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Interesting! - Charles Hansen 19:21:44 06/05/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.