Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: marantz SA-10

I have a Magnum Dynalab MD102T Fm tuner that was upgraded by Magnum Dynalab. It is essentially an Md106 without the magic eye tuning aid on the front panel. I also have the Monster Avs2000 automatic voltage stabilizer and the Signature Htps 7000 reference signal source for AC power conditioning. I use them primarily to suppress any AC noise or transients that could cause equipment damage or failure. I plug the power amp directly into the wall to provide maximum current to the amplifier for the best performance. I run a Siltech cast cable between my preamp and amplifier. This is used instead of a balanced cable for the audio path. This keeps the audio signal as a current source instead of a voltage source. The advantage is that current loops provide wide bandwidth, ultra fast speed, and great noise immunity. I run a pair of Siltech SQ28 Classic MK II between the tuner and the preamp. I think that covers the equipment and cabling that I didn't cover in my first post. I hope you find this info useful. Regards, Rogl

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.