Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Marantz SA10 Reviews

Disbeliever writes:

"I doubt if many will buy the expensive Marantz SA-1O . hiredfox a very experienced Marantz user finds redbook CD inferior to the older CD7 and the SA7-S1 that requires a very expensive dCs master clock to give an adequate performance."

Since the CD7 is essentially unobtainable and was also very expensive, I don't think this is the right standard for most people. I would consider buying the SA10 if it plays both SACDs and CD's better than something like the SA14 (which I own, and which costs about 1/3 as much as the SA10).
I still haven't heard a comparison between the CD playbook of the SA10 and the CD playback of something like the SA14.

Another interesting comparison would be between the SA10 and the PS Audio two-box solution,
which they claim improves both SACD and CD playback. I expect we'll have to wait a long time for such a comparison, but I hope to hear more quickly about the CD playback of the SA10 compared to other players.

Actually the SA14 sounds pretty musical to me, and I am most likely going to just stay with it.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.