Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Marantz SA10 Reviews

Its a good idea not to sell your SA7-S1 as a CD7 is being offered on Hi Fi Shark for a shade under Euro 10k.

Unlike Luciano 'though there was no doubts whatsoever in my mind after the first spin that this is a rather special player. What is astonishing is how good it sounds 'out-of-the-box' and the very short warm up period needed per session of about 30 mins until it is sounding its best.

It is impossible to assess hi fi components from a quick demo in a dealer showroom. Home demo in your own system or forget it! I bought mine as an act of trust in the Marantz design and build teams based on previous experience with a string of their high end players. They have not let me down.

Marantz are playing hardball with the SA10-S1 which means either they are convinced of its superiority over other SACD players or it is a loss leader and they don't want to make too many.

If you need a glimpse of heaven, listen to the new Johannes Moser version of the Roccoco Variations on Pentatone on your SA10-S1 but it does carry a health warning for your heart strings!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.