Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: marantz SA-10

I am new to the forum and I would like to chime in on the new Marantz Sa 10 Hi Rez audio player. I now have around 100 hours of break in on the player and I have played quite a few cds and a few sacds. I think Ken Ishiwata of Marantz has something special with this new design. The sense of immediacy relating to dynamic range, musicality, detail and the timberal acurracy (with a feeling of delicacy in the playback of the music) is first rate. The sound stage is large and layered and the seperation of instruments and vocals is exceptional. I have found this to be true with well recorded cds as well as sacds. The higher the quality of the source material I put on always results in the feeling of being closer to the actual recording session. The music has a sense of livelyness and musicality that makes listening a real pleasure. I am very critical listener so the results I have found for myself with this player are satisfying. I primarily listen to Blues and Jazz and some Soft Rock. Some of the cds I have listened to are listed as follows: Duke Robillard-Blue Mood, Monte Alexander-Goin' Yard, Maria Maldaur-A Woman Alone With The Blues, Robin Ford & The Blue Line-The Authorized Bootleg, Eddie Vinson-Kidney Stew is Fine, Harry Connick Jr.-Eleven, Sacd Diana Krall-The Look Of Love
The associated equipment is listed as follows: Krell KCT preamp (with Siltech cast cable, Krell FPB 600C amplifier, Legacy Focus 20/20 speakers, Siltech LS188 speaker cables, and Siltech SQ110 Classic balanced interconnects
I am planning on recording some Hi Rez music files to a USB drive as an alternate souce for the DAC. It will be interesting to evaluate the results.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.