Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: We must hear things differently :)

Yes, I also met Harry and visited Sea Cliff several times. I did not get to hear his experiments with Mch. He did come to prefer Mch as it gained momentum post 2000. He had his brilliant audio insights from time to time, but I think he was technically illiterate, much too cozy with the industry, and fundamentally much too full of himself and his own BS. I think he greatly helped growth and profitability of the high end industry, but he did that by planting so much utter nonsense in audiophile brains. Sorry to step on your toes again, but that is how I see it. I was really much more of a Gordon Holt or Peter Aczel guy back in the day, but nobody is perfect.

Yes, we disagree about the ability to hear speaker dispersion directly. But, if you believe you can, more power to you.

Saying I almost never listen to stereo anymore is not really true. Sorry. I actually spend most all day every day listening to FM radio around the house and in my car. It is when I plop down in my music room for a few hours to do serious listening that I almost never listen in stereo anymore. I have thousands of discretely recorded hi rez Mch classical albums on my NAS from which to choose. And, yes, I do not listen to synthesized Mch, just discretely recorded.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: We must hear things differently :) - Fitzcaraldo215 09:26:23 04/14/17 (2)
    • Cool! - E-Stat 10:07:26 04/14/17 (1)
      • RE: Cool! - Fitzcaraldo215 12:35:04 04/14/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.