Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: HighResAudio dumps MQA.

I'm not sure about you folks, but I'm enjoying the "Masters" MQA files on TIDAL. I have the Meridian Exp2 DAC so I've been running through all my favorite albums that are available on MQA.

I'm mostly a vinyl guy and will probably always remain so. But it's mind bending that I can pay $20 a month for thousands of Albums in MQA quality which to me sound better than redbook CD. So, I take advantage of this opportunity to listen to music that I don't have on my record shelves.

I'm in my late 60's and I was very slow to add streaming to my music listening. But when I heard that TIDAL had not only CD quality streaming but something that promises to be even better I didn't hesitate.

There are plenty of opportunities to listen to the same song at 16/44.1 and MQA 24/96 on TIDAL. It doesn't take long to determine that the MQA version is obviously better.

One last comment. As TIDAL puts more and more MQA files online the pressure on DAC manufacturers to add MQA to their products is going to build and build. It won't be long that every DAC will have to offer MQA decoding/rendering. Here's a case in point - AudioQuest have announced MQA ("render" only?) upgrades for their popular DragonFly USB DAC's already this year.

Edits: 04/06/17 04/06/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.