Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: what DSD bitrate is SACD?

I would find it difficult to reach an overall opinion of DSD downloads v. SACD as in both cases some sound good, others less so. However I can't see me buying the sane thing twice for comparison i.e as a download and on SACD.

I do have a DSD rip (that was originally downloaded I am led to believe - left on my server by a guest) and the SACD of the same thing and there is nothing to choose between them.

I wonder if the difference that you note is a DoP packaging artefact the equivalent of the difference between compressed and uncompressed FLACS that some have noticed (including myself) ?

As for anything to happen again to SACDs in respect of an amended standard I think that is highly unlikely as it is pretty much on its deathbed with no economic reason for it to be developed further as things currently stand. Who knows though, some future revival? If nobody much in the USA cares I can assure you that it is the same here in the UK.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: what DSD bitrate is SACD? - PAR 08:33:20 04/02/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.