Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Marantz SA-10si Reviewed

For those interested (see thread below) the latest issue of HI-Fi News (March 2017) reviews the SA-10 player. It gets a very positive hearing. In their (somewhat inexplicable*) scoring system it attains 89% which, from memory, is amongst the highest scores that I have seen for any product. Their lab report also shows some pretty impeccable numbers.

5999 gbp (including VAT @20%) over here which is expensive but not unreasonable given the price of alternatives in this market sector.

* Inexplicable and redundant if you actually read the accompanying article. Anyway the score is not absolute I understand but is with reference to the product's performance in its price class. So a considerably more expensive product of a similar type may score less (say 87%) but still be better in absolute terms. Over the years I just take it that anything scoring over 80% is a good product and nearly 90% means a very good product indeed.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - Marantz SA-10si Reviewed - PAR 04:01:00 02/11/17 (95)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.