Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Huh?

".... and I've already mentioned that reflections make rooms and venue sounds quite different ... so therefore their "contributions" would influence each accordingly ... hence the same attributes."

I think I get what you mean but I believe it is only tenuously relevant. You seem to be saying that they would have the same parameters, e.g., a direct sound (relatively similar) and a site-dependent ambiance (decidedly not the same). That is like saying that a red apple and a green apple have the same attributes (OK) without acknowledging how they differ in the value of one of the significant attributes (color).

The ambiance of the original performance site, contained on the recording and improperly conflated into the direct sound, would, on playback, be added to the ambiance contributed by the listening room which is irrelevant to the performance. This imposes a difference which can be ameliorated with multichannel recording and suitable acoustical treatment in the listening room.

I think this is enough logic-jousting for me on this topic.

Kal

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Huh? - Kal Rubinson 07:31:36 07/14/12 (5)
    • RE: Huh? - TBone 07:55:14 07/14/12 (4)
      • RE: Huh? - Fitzcaraldo215 16:17:23 07/14/12 (3)
        • RE: Huh? - TBone 17:21:11 07/15/12 (2)
          • RE: Huh? - paragons 13:48:08 07/16/12 (1)
            • RE: Huh? - TBone 14:18:16 07/16/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.