Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: To make things even more daunting there is a varible we overlooked

>>I agree with 87%<<

LOL ... not bad ...

>>Not true, not true at all, *unless* the three additional Cons had very different *tonal* characteristics from your current Cons....but then they would not be Cons; they would be something else.<<

They'd remain cons, and have identical tonal characteristics, but they wouldn't sound as clear, dynamic, responsive, tight & quick ... especially during difficult passages.

>>In a perfect world, may be. But this is simply *not* necessary. In fact, it may be inaudible overkill for the surrounds.<<

You're probably right, but never-the-less the Cons would require good amplification.

Like I stated, if I went MC, I'd go a completely different route, and a different system altogether. My current system was built to maximize the quality of my 2ch source components, which it does particularly well. I've been hesitant to make any changes to it even on a 2ch basis, so taking it into the MC world is simply an unrealistic "risky" consideration.

Good discussion ...
tb1

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: To make things even more daunting there is a varible we overlooked - TBone 16:23:42 07/03/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.