Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: dots ...

>>If you could somehow manage to incorporate three more of your Energy Connoisseur speakers placed optimally with appropriate hardware you will have an apples to apples comparison. I would wager that, given the attention to detail you have given your current system, you would be stunned by the improvement with respect to realism. It will not be subtle as when one fiddles with most stuff in audio; the improvement will be profound and faithfully palpable in a way you have never experienced in your system. In many ways your two-channel Energy Connoisseurs will be rendered inadequate by the 5 channel Energy Connoisseurs counterpart. This would be the case if you, like me, allocated less expensive gear to drive your additional speakers.<<

Well, lets consider that ...

My Cons have been highly refined over the years, and certainly in terms of performance, do not represent the same speakers as the stock model. Therefore, all three additional speakers would require additional refinement.

Then, system consistency requires that I'd require amplification worthy of my mono DR3s to run 'em. That would cost me plenty, even if I compromised. I'd then need to consider the pre-amp, and trust me, in order to guarantee sonic consistency (a near impossibility in this case considering the "family" union of my system) I'd need to spend considerable time & funds to find a pre-amp that would achieve similar sonic success. Never mind all the isolation issues, both vibrational and electrical, which I employ that would cost a pretty penny also. Lets not forget about wiring, and all the "little" things I've done to get my system to perform currently which would need to be adapted accordingly.

Then, most important, I'd need an appropriate MC source. Considering my current system sound quality is based on the its signal/source, it would need to be very good, and it would certainly cost plenty.

Therefore, for me to go MC, and to do it in a way consistent to my own requirements for "proper hi-end audio reproduction", it would certainly not be a simple or inexpensive undertaking.

And certainly, although you might consider that route potentially superior based on 3 additional channels of information, I'd consider it a risk based on nothing more than hearsay, especially considering that I'm no rookie when it comes to MC sound.

No ... if I went the MC route, I'd build an entirely new system, and it would be HT based ... which would GUARANTEE that it would not achieve the sonic superiority of my current 2 channel system. I know that as fact, because I've heard my fair share of expensive HT/MC system fail (not all) in comparison, even though I was led to believe otherwise.

tb1

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.