Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

I returned from THE Show with ten outstanding...

hi-rez discs. In addition to cruising the demo rooms checking out all the latest and greatest audio equipment, I spent quite a bit of time with the various disc distributors and manufactures. My question was simple: From the point of view only of the sonics, what is the best hi-rez software you have for sale? What made this most productive was that I was able to talk directly to their top people, some of whom had acturally played a part in the engineering and mastering process. After I selected the most highly recommended disc (and where there was a high degree of consensus), I discarded the ones where I had little of no interest in re the particular performance and/or artist and bought the rest. The result: I came home with ten outstanding discs which I have just finished auditioning multiple time. Note that all were hi-rez in one format or another, but not all were SACDs. (None were Redbook).

My conclusion is that of the ten, five are clearly of demonstration quality, and three more are pretty close. The remaining two were simply excellent.

Here is my list (continued on my next post)in sequence by sonic quality (top to bottom) without regard to performance. But I can say that to my taste, all the performances were first rate. Remember I had been selective in picking the ones that I actually purchased.

1. Sonny Stitt: Blows the Blues (SACD) -- Analogue Productions

2. Shota Osabe Piano Trio: Happy Coat (K2HD) -- FIM

3. Hooker/Davis/Mahal: The Hot Spot (soundtrack) (SACD) -- An. Prods.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Topic - I returned from THE Show with ten outstanding... - Pete Watt 14:47:20 06/18/12 (4)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.