Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: DSD64 Download plays in WM11 with DSD Plugin

More like one hour for me. However, with some experience in the workings of Internet protocols, I was aware of the tricks. The problem is the long round trip time from Norway. You can only download 64 KB every round trip time between computers using a single TCP stream. Get yourself a download manager, such as http://www.leechget.net/. The maximum download rate I could get with a normal browser download was 64 KBps until I ran Leechget and set it for 10 parallel downloads. Then I got about ten times that performance, limited only by my DSL speed.

That said, because of my DAC limitations I couldn't play the DXD file until I had downsampled it to 96 Khz using SoundForge, at which point it sounded the same as the 96 24 FLAC version that was also offered on the site.

I live in rural Vermont, but am fortunate to have a good ISP.

Tony Lauck

"Perception, inference and authority are the valid sources of knowledge" - P.R. Sarkar

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: DSD64 Download plays in WM11 with DSD Plugin - Tony Lauck 18:17:35 04/04/08 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.