Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: Tower Records Store Closing Sale in Chicago

Depressing. I have been going to the Tower washington DC store for 20 years and the Rockville MD for about 10 years. I have many memories of Tower. It is where I saw Suzzane Vega Perform and I brought an Lp of her first album, which she signed for me. I used to go in to the classical or Jazz department in the early 90's and the next thing I knew 2 hours had gone by. Most of the people who ran the departments had a vast knowledge and appreciation for the music. The guy in the blues department helped me out alot. I stopped into the store for the liquidation (I had'nt been there in awhile) and went through and picked up a DVD or two which I seem to collect more than cd's these days, and thinking it was just a going out of business sale. But it was later when I walked around the classical and jazz music area that I felt a little lump well up in my throat. Something died and I was feeling it. When I got home I acknowledged that the days of the bright yellow and red bags of goodies were gone forever. If the present course is any indication, eventually nothing will have any character or personality.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Tower Records Store Closing Sale in Chicago - hairydog 14:08:41 10/16/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.