Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Results with Daruma feet and Mr. Goff's comments

Bought two sets of Daruma feet last week from the US importer - one set went under a Meridian 508.24 (two front/one back) and the other under an EAR 834 (one front/two back). Results - amazing! I immediately noticed an improvement in overall clarity, even while still standing in front of my equipment rack adjusting the volume. Once I sat down and listened for a couple hours, I was able to confirm the following: good increase in soundstage width, modest increase in soundstage depth, substantial increase in midrange clarity, and slight improvement in bass dynamics and articulation. The Darumas really do work, but I'm not all that hot to try out competing designs because it's such a major pain-in-the-ass getting the top and bottom cups of all three feet precisely centered under the equipment. Mr. Goff's comments are interesting, however, and my reading of his web page leads me to believe that the design of the Aurios feet may eliminate this problem for those dexterity-challenged folks among us, like myself. If Mr. Goff wishes to send me two sets for evaluation, I'll compare them with the Darumas and report back on whether I (a) called him with my credit-card number or (b) returned them. Either way, my point is that these types of isolation feet are worth trying, be they Darumas, Aurios or Rollerblocks (which appear to be yet another variation on this same theme).

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.