Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

The 999ES is excellent for modding...

Dad,
Do you have a successful mod for this machine that comes close to what those already modding the Denon 3910 can achieve - like my well respected rivals: Alex (API) & John Tucker?

If you have I'd be interested in hearing about it, because to me "a roomy chassis, simple layout" is useful but doesn't count for too much when I'm looked to do an upgrade - unless there's just ZERO available space, as in the packed SONY XA-777ES.

> and, in stock form, already excellent sound<

Perhaps it has - but that doesn't automatically mean it can be taken much further. A successful upgrade takes advantage of *potential greatness* in a machine - if it exists - and in a lot of cost cut production machines there just isn't the basic quality there to exploit in a viable manner.

Don't feel I'm against SONY - exploitable potential greatness is what the SCD-1/777ES and the 9000ES and the other original SONY stereo machines have in spades, which is why I still recommend them as my first choice to anyone who wants an over engineered, and wonderfully upgradable machine.

Allen

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.